My friend Ana and I love to complain about one special thing: GIRLS! Not only girls though: we like to complain about cliché American girls acting their lives.
My question: Girls, why do you need to be so dramatic?
Girls, here are some things I’ve been dying to tell you:
- There is no need to talk about who would play your character if your life was a series: your life is and won’t be a series.
- There is no need to laugh so loudly. It won’t make things funnier. It won’t make people love you more. It might make you uglier. People will look at you, yes. Not for the reasons you imagine. If a loud laugh is your real laugh, that’s cool. Just don’t pretend, when you laugh for real, nobody understand what’s happening.
- Please, do not scream for every occasion. Yeah, you got a letter. Yeah, you are allowed to take an audition. Oops, you’ve been refused, too late, you screamed / facebooked it to the whole world. Yeah, you see your friend that you haven’t seen in like, two days! Please. No need to scream.
- Talking about friends… no, you don’t have to jump / scream / hug every time you see your friends. Or your roommate. Seriously. This is really annoying.
- When you have a bad day, know that it’s always “the worst day of your life”. Yeah, I understand, you broke your nail AND he didn’t answer your text. We can talk about it. Not for two straight hours. Your next worst day is in three days, you’ll get over it.
- When you have a good day, know that it’s always “the best day of your life”. Yeah, you got a A-, he looked at you and your hair is so beautiful today. You don’t need to throw a party to celebrate: tomorrow will be the worst day of your life.
- Don’t cry in front of people you don’t know because you’re having the worst day of your life. It’s really embarrassing and makes the person in front of you feel really ill-at-ease. Especially if (s)he has an appointment and wants to leave. Or just, wants to leave. Or just, doesn’t care.
Oh, and if you could also avoid saying OHGOSH ten times a day… thanks!